One of our foundational values at St. Philip the Deacon is the value of Generosity:
- We share our time, talents and treasures in order to ensure that all have a share in God's blessings.
- Because we recognize the goodness we receive from God, we seek ways to give back and to be Christ to our neighbor.
One of the ways we give back is through our financial gifts to the mission and ministry of St. Philip the Deacon. At St. Philip, these gifts fall into three broad categories:
- Gifts to Promise, which support the annual mission and ministry of the church. Commitments to Promise are made in the fall of each year.
- Gifts to our three-year Capital Appeals, which always include a major mission component, and also support the physical plant and infrastructure of the church. The current Appeal—Let Your Light Shine—begins in 2014. Let Your Light Shine includes major mission gifts to Opportunity International to support their work in Colombia, and to Redeemer Center for Life in Minneapolis.
- Legacy gifts left to the Church or Foundation through estate plans. Learn more about how to leave these types of gifts at spdlc.org/legacy. Individuals who leave an estate gift to benefit the ministry and mission of St. Philip the Deacon become members of Rejoicing Partners.
Are you an e-Giver? Making your contributions electronically is good stewardship! It saves on the church's paper, postage and banking costs, and it is a convenience for you!
To set up electronic contributions for your Promise or Capital Appeal gifts you can either:
- Use this on-line form to make a one-time gift or to sign up for recurring electronic giving; or
- Download this printable form, which you can fill out and return to the church office.
If you have questions about your contributions or statements, please contact our Finance Administrator, Cheryl Sjaarda, at 763-475-7124 or email@example.com.